Last weekend, we spent alot of time on the asphalt. Saturday morning, we hopped into the Blazer and headed south to Albuquerque. Daniel stopped in at a barber he was familiar with and had his ears lowered, we grabbed a bite to eat and headed to a few stores for some much needed items. Daniel needed a new pair of boots (badly) and Cooder and I were in need of thicker coats, to get us through the upcoming weather change. Daniel insists that my Walls coat (which has kept me pretty warm through the Texas winters) will not be enough to hold the warmth through the New Mexico winters. I guess I had better listen to the man. We finally made it to the Fairgrounds, and were joined by Daniels' close friends from Belen, Carlo and Becca. What an amazing couple they are! As Carlo's nose lead us in the direction of the awesome aromas coming from the food section, I happened upon a few fimiliar faces. It was the Ranch House booth. A little reunion was held behind the bbq smokers and Cooder and I once again saw Max, Ben and Ernest. It's always nice to see people you know! We said our goodbyes and ventured on to the infamous Indian Taco. I wish I had taken a picture of this thing, it was huge! We watched the indian dancers and then headed over to the Rodeo. We had purchased tickets earlier. We enjoyed the performances, Cooder was definately intrigued
with the bullriding (that scares mom a
bit) and we ran into Daniels' other close friend Daniel. Yes I typed that right, they have the same name. Also a great guy! We saw 4 generations of beautifu
l horses that had been used in the New Mexico state fair for over 30 years! After the rodeo, Cooder attended his first concert and said he really enjoyed it. He fell asleep through some of it, but everytime Luke Bryan comes on the radio, he quickly remembers the tune and promptly adds "Hey I know this song, it's from the concert!" What can I say it was a great performance! We hugged necks and headed home.



Sunday morning wasn't quite as rushed, as we grabbed some breakfast from McD's and a few bagels from the local shop (really good) and headed out on the road. This wasn't really a purposed destination, but more of a day enjoying the sights around us. We made our way up to Chama and considered jumping on the train but missed it by a few hours. We drove up the road a ways and were lucky to find the train on its way back to the station. Then we headed up into Colorado. We found a great place to stop and drag out the bagels and get us a bite to eat. We circled around and
decided to come back through Taos on our way home, visiting The Gorge as we passed through. WOW, that really throws off your depth perception! Taos had an import store that caught our attention, though we were not impressed with the prices. Blakes heard our stomachs grumbling and waved us over to have delicious green chili burgers. Their slogan is " If you are what you eat then you are awesome!" and that says it all! We made it home safe and sound and it was worth every minute!!! 

No comments:
Post a Comment