Thursday, December 17, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!


I'm gonna stand tall on my soapbox. It's been a long, hard year for everyone and I think we are all ready for a fresh start. I think if you ask anyone, they will tell you one way or another that this year has not been the best. We all need to bring ourselves closer to God and remember that prayer and belief will get us through anything! I read a book last night to Cooder as he was getting snuggled in his bed and it was about Christmas. The book was THE BERENSTAIN BEARS SAVE CHRISTMAS. It was basically a story about how all of the bears had gotten greedy over time and the original meaning of Christmas was lost. This caused Santa much hurt and he decided to put Christmas to a hault while he went out searching for the true spirit of Christmas. On his journey he finds a bear family that is caring for their animals even through blizzard like conditions. They invite him into their home unknowing of who he was and they fed him and cared for him during his visit. They asked the stranger if he would care to read the letters that the bear cubs had prepared for Santa and he found that in each of the letters, not a single one asked for a gift for themselves but instead for gifts for their dear friends. He had finally found the spirit again and returned to the North Pole to reinstate Christmas. Now, I realize that this story is fiction as it is children's literature but I gained an important reminder from it that I think we all need. I didn't think of it as Santa but more in the way of Christ. So many of us have turned away from the Good Lord and have become greedy and pushy and expect everything to be handed to us, right in our laps without so much as lifting a finger. We see the "holidays" as too much food causing overeating and standing in line for hours to buy that expensive gift pushing anyone that stands in our way. What has gotten in to us? Does anyone stop and think about the true meaning of all of this anymore? Do you give yourself a pat on the back for giving $5 to the people toughing out the cold for the Salvation Army or that you found a cheap toy that didn't exceed your "budget" so you could throw it in the bin for the Toys for Tots on your way to Starbucks? I ask you "Does this make you feel like you have done your part"? Does it? I can't answer that for you. That will be something you have to answer come judgement day. I will, however, tell you this much...for all who look down upon us Christians for standing up for what we believe in, for keeping "CHRIST" in Christmas I pray for you! If you know all the answers, explain how someone on their death bed can wake up and the cancer that was no longer treatable is suddenly gone without a trace. It's called a Miracle and only the grace of God can make that happen! So whether you believe or not is your choice, but i'm gonna stick with my Father on this one! You'll never hear me wish you a "happy holiday" but I will say MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!! If you like the thought of Santa and his reindeer prancing on your roof top bringing toys for the kids that lay sleeping, have fun with it, just don't forget the true meaning! While you tuck the kids in and read them their bedtime stories about Santa or 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, be sure to add in the tale of Mary and Joseph. It's truly a wonderful story! Have yourself the Merriest Christmas and I pray that your next year will be in better shape than this one was. Have faith!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS From All of us!

No comments: