This past weekend we spent time at a somewhat local pumpkin patch gathering pumpkins for our participation in the welcoming of fall and the holidays that join it. I decided in the last blog that I liked the turn out of the slide show so I'm trying that approach with this one as well. Last night, we took the time to draw out our designs and away we went carving into our orange vegetables picked specifically for this occasion (and the delicious pumpkin pies that will fill our tummies and scent the entire house, mmmmmm)! We had a great time, although things got really sticky and some of us (clears throat) decided that the designs should be a bit harder than normal and ended up spending more time on it than the others, although it was well worth it! Each of our pumpkins turned out beautiful and we all stood a bit taller once we put them on display! We had soooo many pumpkin seeds ready to be roasted and a great amount of pie filling too! Daniel got on the ball to roast and boil the pumpkin pieces we set aside for eating purposes! He's pretty handy around the kitchen, I tell ya, I'm impressed! HEHEHE! Needless to say, by the end of the night, we were exhausted and ready for a warm shower and a comfy pillow! Don't forget to click on the audio button at the top left of the slide show (next to the star). I've added a song to this one as well. You can turn the music off by clicking the same button. Enjoy!




1 comment:
such an artful family! sending Happy Halloween wishes - and I miss you too!
Post a Comment